Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tired

I keep dredging through a valley of black with all your burdens on my back. I never see your face and your voice is far from me. I give you devotion and love, and you give me half hearted response lace with spite and duty. I try and stay faithful to God’s will and you drag me through the mud and expect me to still feel the same? You hold all the answers yet you keep them to yourself.

I don’t need these lies and uncertainty I don’t need you to lift me up or be there for me, but I want you to be there with me. I don’t think you feel the same way. I have been patient for too long now and still you have nothing to offer me? I put you through one night of pain and it tore me apart to know I put you through that, and you put me through months of pain and seem to have no remorse for what you have done.

If you loved me you would listen to God and do as he pleases because I am so tired of this. I raise my arms with heart in hand you can either smash it to pieces or embrace it, but I don’t think I can offer my heart much longer because my arms are getting tired.

1 comment:

Poems of Long Ago said...

this was pretty powerful. loaded topic indeed. i dont really have much to say about it because i already know first hand your emotions. seeing them written down is similar to that, but just a bit more emotionally charged.

i dont want to keep saying 'im sorry' to the point where it sounds repetative & i know that that phrase can lose its emotion after a while of hearing it. i imagine that you dont want sympathy all the time either. i know & experiance that from my own prideful heart.

you are without a doubt an absolutly wonderful man & your passion & heart is unlike anything i ever believed to be true in any human being. it does indeed blow my mind quite often that i am as honored & privledged as i am to know all of you. i dont want to get carried away with the compliments. since we're both on the same page with that issue haha. but you know what i mean :)

time will only tell what God wanted from this situation you were put through. you stuck to what God willed from you & you did the right things. its hard to try & talk yourself into thinking otherwise when you know you were right. so dont do that to yourself either.

im always here for you.. always. you already know that.