Monday, October 20, 2008

I don't even remember writing this one

I forget who I am at times what I can do what I can say.
I forget that no one really cares about what people have to say people just want hear what they want to hear.
I forget that being honest and telling people the truth doesn’t mean people are going to care about what you have to say.
I forget that people won’t care to know until they know you care.
I forget that I am not perfect or smart.
I forget that people don’t see Jesus Christ’s love in me.
I forget that it doesn’t matter how much you care about someone if they don’t want to talk to you.
I forget that loving people doesn’t matter if you don’t show them that you love them.
I forget that I have lost most of my friends.
I forget that I have to be an example to the rest of the world.
I forget that Jesus Christ died for all of my sins.
I forget that my life is not up to me it is up to God.
I forget that God is always watching over me.
I forget that God always loves me.
But God doesn’t forget!

2 comments:

Adam Hale said...

is the title is clever

Poems of Long Ago said...

i forget that sometimes my old ways seemed easier than this new found Love.
& i forget that the friends i had in the past weren't really friends.
i forget that i define friendship in such a shifty manner that it is hard to figure out who is a real friend these days.
i forget that jesus actually makes it a little bit easier figuring that out because when your so called friends treat you like an idiot because of God that is when God showed me that situation probably wasnt the best thing anyways, in the end.
i TRY to forget the details that make up my life so i can avoid the chance of more heartache.
ya know.

this was really beautiful. i just thought i would add to it in my own introspective sort of way.